Specialties + Clinicians
Gynaecology + Urogynaecology + Obstetrics
Gynaecology + Urogynaecology + Obstetrics Clinicians
Ms Claudine Domoney is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Chelsea...
Dr Etienne Horner offers private obstetric and general gynaecological care at...
Here at TMCK, we appreciate that you need the very best Gynaecology advice and skills. We also recognise that Gynaecology is one aspect of a comprehensive approach to Women's Healthcare which meets your many different needs. That's why our Consultant Gynaecologists work within a team of doctors, including GPs and specialists in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Endocrinology, Fertility, Mental Health, Nutrition and Ultrasound Scans.
In addition to general healthcare, our Consultant Gynaecologists offer specialist care for most conditions including
- Bladder problems
- Fertility investigation and support
- Low libido and sexual difficulties
- Preconception care
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Recurrent miscarriage
After the birth of your baby, our GP or Gynaecologist will carry out your 6 week postnatal check, and give you breastfeeding advice and further support as your body adapts to life after birth. Your Doctor is here if you have any concerns about postnatal bleeding, uterus health, pelvic floor control, postnatal incontinence or breast pain. You will receive advice about your weight and we are here to help if you are feeling blue, having difficulties bonding with your baby or are concerned about postnatal depression. Physiotherapy will also be useful if you have reduced pelvic floor control or you are experiencing urinary leakage (urinary stress incontinence). For your baby our Paediatrician, Dr Annie Claudel, offers developmental assessments, health checks and immunisations.
We will support for you throughout your pregnancy. Consultant Obstetrician, Dr Etienne Horner, offers a full pregnancy + delivery package. Tests in pregnancy ensure that you and your baby are staying well and enable us to target treatment or recommend preventative measures if there are any causes for concern. Dr Horner will provide advice and investigation if you have problems such as pelvic pain, morning sickness, back pain or raised blood pressure. He is also supported by experts in ultrasound scans. Common concerns or issues include
- Advice On Birth Including vaginal birth following caesarean (VBAC) and preparation for caesarean birth.
- Bleeding In Early Pregnancy Spotting in early pregnancy can occur without any risk to baby or mother, but any bleeding should be investigated and, if appropriate, an ultrasound scan carried out.
- Developmental Assessment With Ultrasound Early pregnancy scanning using transvaginal ultrasound and the 12-13 week pregnancy scan to check development and detect markers for Downs Syndrome (nuchal scan).
- High Risk Pregnancy You will need expert Obstetric care when pregnancy is not straightforward, such as being diabetic and pregnant, overweight and pregnant, congenital uterine abnormalities and pregnant and, of course, twins.
- Pelvic Pain In Pregnancy Advice for reducing pelvic discomfort and an assessment to rule out any underlying problems.
Your health affects your chances of conception and a healthy pregnancy. And it affects your baby's development in the womb. A PreConception HealthCheck with our GP or a Gynaecologist includes screens for infection, blood analysis, hormone checks and a nutritional review. Further support from our Ultrasound Specialists includes menstrual cycle monitoring and uterine scans, and you may value counselling or psychotherapy if you are worried or feel anxious. A female PreConception HealthCheck can, if you wish, be complemented by a male check, involving male hormone analysis and a sperm test, which measures quantity and motility.
You can find much more about Women's Healthcare here at TMCK, ranging from Teen Care to Well Woman Checks to Obstetrics and the Menopause, plus a lot of information which will interest you, by following this link to our Well Woman Pages.