- Doctorate in Dental Surgery Faculty of Dental Surgery, Strasbourg University
- Diploma of Dental Surgery Faculty of Dental Surgery, Strasbourg University
- Advanced training in Endodontics, Faculty of Dental Surgery, Strasbourg University
- University Diploma in Implantology Faculty of Dental Surgery, Aix-Marseilles University
- University Certificate in Implantology Faculty of Dental Surgery, University Paris 7
- University Degree in Periodontology Faculty of Dental Surgery, University Paris 7
- University Degree in Cosmetic dentistry Faculty of Dental Surgery, Strasbourg University
Lionel graduated from the Faculty of Dental Surgery in Strasbourg in 2011 and furthered his training in Implantology and Periodontics. He moved to London, where he has lived for 5 years. In November 2017, he founded The Dental Chambers with Dr Marie Heintz.
His priority is to offer a personalised service based on the latest techniques and technologies available. Dr Friedmann has extensive academic degrees in periodontology and implantology. He regularly improves his training in other fields to provide aesthetic and rigorous care in a comprehensive and preventive approach.
Lionel has special interests in general adult and child dentistry, cosmetics, endodontics, periodontology and implantology. He particularly finds cosmetic dentistry rewarding as he has the chance to use new conservative techniques as well as to create new smiles!
Outside of the practice, Lionel loves his sports and has some adventurous pursuits such as skydiving, skiing and kite-surfing. He enjoys travelling, finding new activities to sample.
- Graduated in France (Strasbourg) in dental surgery in 2009
- Degree in dental surgery, Strasbourg
- Incognito Certification Course, Birmingham
- Invisalign®, clear aligner, London
- Lingual Braces, System WIN, London
- Centre for Teaching Orthodontic Techniques, CETO, Paris
Marie graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry in Strasbourg and qualified at the CETO (Centre for Teaching Orthodontic Techniques) in Paris. In June 2011, Marie moved to live and work in London. In November 2017, she founded The Dental Chambers with her colleague Dr Friedmann.
Her interest in orthodontics allows her to treat children and adults. Her skills range from conventional brackets to lingual braces (placed at the back of the teeth for maximum discretion) Incognito 3M as well as transparent aligners from Invisalign®.
Marie has a special interest and thorough experience in interceptive treatment for young children where particular attention is paid to the asymmetry of jaw growth. They are treated with a removable or fixed appliance to guide growth and allow permanent teeth to erupt more easily. This in turn reduces the time of orthodontic treatment in adolescence and improves their overall wellbeing.
Marie has a passion for travelling, especially to places where she can take to the mountain slopes with her skis. She also loves watersports, especially kite surfing.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry with Distinction, 2015, UCL and Eastman's Dental Institute
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery BDS (Lon) 2003, Guy's King's and St Thomas' Dental Institute
- BTEC National Diploma in Dental Technology, South London College
Nora joined the practice in September 2019. She achieved her postgraduate degree in Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry with Distinction at Eastman Dental Institute, University College London in 2015, having graduated from Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Dental Institute in 2003.
Her personal ethos is to take a calm, caring and compassionate approach to offer the most comfortable treatment whilst delivering the highest standard of dental care.
Her gentle manner is especially appreciated by children and nervous patients. She has special expertise in Paediatric Dentistry and is dedicated to keeping up to date with new technology and clinical procedures.
Nora is a visiting lecturer at the Eastman’s Dental Institute, University College London where she teaches Master Classes in Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry.
Nora is also a clinical teacher at the King’s College London Institute of Clinical Education, teaching all aspects of Restorative Dentistry and Periodontology.
She is also a qualified Dental Technician with a Special Award for the Best Student Of The Year.
- University College London Master of Clinical Dentistry Prosthodontics (Distinction),
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery
- University of Glasgow Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Dr Naureen Rizvi is a highly qualified and skilled dentist who always makes every effort to deliver high-quality and evidence-based dental treatment. She cares deeply about her patients’ well-being and is known for her ability to treat anxious patients and children. She specialises in the replacement and aesthetic restoration of teeth and has a particular interest in managing tooth wear, tooth discolouration, dental anomalies and restoration of dental implants.
Having qualified from the University of Glasgow in 2013, Naureen then did 3 years of postgraduate clinical training at King’s College Hospital which involved posts in Restorative Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Paediatric Dentistry and Dental Public Health. She was then appointed as a Clinical Teacher in Oral Surgery and Restorative Dentistry at King’s College London, where she continues to teach postgraduate students as well as at University College London.
In 2020, she was awarded a Research Grant by the International College of Prosthodontists and nominated for the Dean’s Research Prize at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute.
- National Certificate in Dental Nursing 2008
- DBA Radiography Certificate for Dental Nurses 2009
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Information studies 2002
Orla works closely with our dentists, assisting with treatments and check-ups. She especially likes seeing a patient go from start to finish with treatment and seeing the great results and how happy they are.
She is a regular gym goer and enjoys staying fit. She likes to catch up with family and friends in her spare time and tries to get home to Dublin to visit her family as frequently as possible.
Isabelle qualified as a dental surgeon at the Faculté de Chirurgie Dentaire in Strasbourg, France in 1985 and completed a Doctorate with Distinction in 1986 before moving to the UK. She ran her own private practice in Sloane Street London SW1 from 1990 to 2008, where she learned first-hand what patients want and need.
Everything she did was designed to create a safe, calm and reassuring environment where all patients are treated with respect.
Isabelle was also a founding member and Chairperson of Medecine Francaise Londres, an organisation of French speaking doctors in London, and over the years has established a considerable network of International and French private medical practitioners in London.
Isabelle co-founded The Dental Chambers Kensington. She no longer practices dentistry and is now deeply involved in the development and regulation of the dental practice.
Our Patient Reviews
Dr Lionel Friedmann and his Nurse were kind, polite, attentive and very professional all at the same time. I felt very safe and well-looked after.
Dr Nora Cumiskey was very friendly and professional.