Dr Alberto Pertusa
MD MSc PhD
specialises in Anxiety + ADD/ADHD + Depression + Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Trauma and PTSD + Stress + Schizophrenia + Psychosis + Panic Attacks + Mood Disorders + Bingeing + Bulimia Nervosa + Bipolar Disorder + Addictions + Alcohol Addiction
Dr Pertusa completed his PhD thesis at the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London, in 2010. He has published over 25 scientific articles in international peer-reviewed publications as well as book chapters.
Dr Pertusa has been the Research & Development Lead for Cambian Healthcare since 2013 and is currently Honorary Deputy Research Lead. He is also an Honorary Researcher at the Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma (CADAT) at the Maudsley Hospital, where he collaborates on clinical work and research projects.
He is an Associate Editor of the Spanish Journal of Psychology, edited by Cambridge University Press and also an independent reviewer for several scientific journals. He has undertaken specific training in Expert report writing for the Court and in the assessment under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and has been instructed to prepare reports for the Court regularly during the last six years.
Dr Pertusa has a biological and cognitive-behavioural approach to Mental Health. This means he see mental health problems emerging from a combination of factors including biology, genetics, upbringing, psychological tendencies and our environment.
He believes in promoting a healthy style of living and providing psycho-education as a way to help the person understand and be better able to deal with their psychological, emotional or mental health problems.
Dr Pertusa has extensive experience in using medication to treat mental health problems.
However, in most cases he also explores other options, including psycho-education, talking therapy or lifestyle changes (among others) before considering starting a new medication. He endeavours to empower his patients to be part of the decision-making process regarding the best medication and treatment plan, by discussing the various options including any potential side effects of the medication.
languages English + Spanish + Catalan
education + posts
- Research & Development Lead Cambian Group Plc, Honorary position
- Honorary Researcher at the Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma (CADAT), South London and Maudsley Trust (SLaM)
- Associate Editor Spanish Journal of Psychology, Cambridge University Press June
- Lead Consultant Psychiatrist Cambian Churchill Hospital, London
- PhD Institute of Psychiatry at the Maudsley Hospital, King's College London
- Masters in Science (MSc) Affective Neuroscience (Anxiety, Depression and related disorders), Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Masters in Science (MSc) Research Methodology in Health Sciences, Barcelona, Spain
- Doctor of Medicine (LMS), Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain
- Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych) Specialist Associate Member
- GMC Specialist Register Accredited Adult Psychiatrist
- Section 12 approved and Approved Clinician status
- Initial Consultation 60 minutes £500
- Initial Consultation 120 minutes £700
- Subsequent Consultation 50 minutes £350
- Cancellation Policy: the full consultation fee will be charged if the appointment is not cancelled. If the appointment is cancelled a minimum of 48 hours prior to consultation a fee of £200 will be charged.
insurance company recognition