Dr Florentina Alina Dumitru
MBBS MD FRCP PhD
specialty Consultant Allergist
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Allergic rhinitis (hay fever) + allergen desensitisation/ immunotherapy + food allergy +food intolerances + drug allergy + adolescent/translational allergy + anaphylaxis
Dr Alina Dumitru is a Consultant Allergist at Guys’ and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust where she sees adult and teenage patients with food and drug allergies, allergic rhinitis and asthma, urticaria and angioedema, anaphylaxis, venom and insect allergy.
She specialises in desensitisation and immunotherapy as well as food allergies and intolerances. She also offers food intolerance assessments and guidance on elimination/reintroduction diet.
Dr Dumitru has also been involved in the “transition allergy clinic” at St Thomas’ Hospital, investigating and preventing life threatening allergies such as peanut allergy in children and teenagers.
She previously practised at Royal Brompton Hospital, in a dedicated allergy, asthma and immunotherapy clinic led by Professor Stephen Durham, where she gained wide experience in hay fever, asthma, desensitisation, and food and drug allergies.
Dr Dumitru has been involved in a number of research projects after completing her training in Allergy and Clinical Immunology in 2007. After a fellowship at the Swiss Institute for Allergy and Asthma Research in Davos, she completed her PhD at Imperial College London.
languages English + Romanian
- Guy’s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
education + posts
- Consultant Allergist Guys + St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Brompton Hospital
- Imperial College London and Royal Brompton Hospital Clinical Research Fellow
- Imperial College London PhD in immunological mechanisms governing allergic conditions
- Swiss Institute for Allergy and Asthma Research Davos Research Fellowship
- British Association of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- British Medical Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- The Royal College of Physicians
- Initial Consultation 40 mins £250
- Initial Consultation + Skin Prick Test 50 min £370
- Subsequent Consultation 30 mins £120
- Cancellation policy £100 unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation
insurance company recognition