Dr Amélie Seghers
MD MSc MRCP(UK) CCT(derm)
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Inflammatory skin conditions including eczema + seborrheic dermatitis + psoriasis + acne + rosacea + paediatric dermatology including eczema + vitiligo + pigmentation disorders + birthmarks + nail and hair problems + female skin conditions
Dr Amélie Seghers is a Consultant Dermatologist who sees adults and children of any age with all kinds of dermatological conditions.
She practices in the NHS at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and privately at The Medical Chambers Kensington.
She completed her Medical Degree in Belgium and holds an additional Master of Science in Clinical Dermatology from King’s College University London.
She subsequently trained and practiced for over 10 years in general/internal medicine and dermatology at Gasthuisberg, Vrije Universiteit Brussels and Middelheim in Belgium, St John’s Institute of Dermatology, St Georges Hospital and Royal Free Hospital in London, National Skin Centre, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital in Singapore and at Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois in Switzerland.
Her work has been published in numerous peer-reviewed medical journals and she has been awarded the ‘Asia-Pacific La Roche Posay Foundation research award’ for her work on a specific feature seen in patients with eczema.
languages English + French + Flemish/Dutch
- St George's Hospital University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
education + posts
- St John’s Society of Dermatology
- Dermatological Society of Singapore
- European Society of Laser Dermatology
- Initial simple Consultation 30 min Duration £190 (recommended for warts, mollusca, simple mole checks, nail problems, discussion cosmetic mole/skin tags/seborrheic dermatitis removals, skin care, mild acne, acne scarring, excessive sweating, folliculitis)
- Initial complex Consultation 45 min Duration £235 (recommended for moderate and severe eczema/psoriasis; severe acne; hair loss; multiple mole checks, pigmentation problems) (note: if unsure, please book 45min and we will only charge 30min consultation depending on time needed to avoid increased waiting time for the next patient)
- Subsequent Consultation 20 min Duration £150 mins
- Prescription fee (if required without consultation) £15
- Cancellation Policy £50 unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation
Please note that if you have a minor procedure, such as removal of a skin lesion, a clinic fee will be payable to The Medical Chambers Kensington in addition to Dr Seghers' fee.
This fee varies from procedure to procedure and our Administration and Reception Team will be able to tell you the amount payable for your procedure. A pathology fee will be payable if we send a sample to a laboratory for analysis.
If you are insured by BUPA, AXA-PPP or another insurance company with which we have a direct settlement agreement, we will invoice your Insurer for these clinic/pathology fees provided that you have given us your pre-authorisation number.
insurance company recognition