Dr Ed Abrahamson
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN all aspects of general paediatrics and emergencies
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Read Dr Ed's reviews and ratings here.
Dr Ed Abrahamson, or Dr Ed as he likes to be known, is a very highly skilled London based private paediatrician with over 30 years’ experience.
He set up the Paediatric Emergency Department at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and was Head of Department for more than 20 years. He practiced there until June 2020 and remains very involved in an honorary capacity working shifts, teaching and helping out when needed.
At the same time, he developed a large highly reputable and respected private practice in West London.
Dr Ed treats all general paediatric conditions. He strongly believes it is important that children receive all recommended vaccinations and avoid unnecessary medication such as antibiotics to treat minor infections. He always considers the health of the child’s siblings and parents when giving his advice. And he always involves parents in the decision-making process.
He trained at the highly respected medical school at Trinity College Dublin where he gained distinctions in paediatrics and psychiatry.
Dr Abrahamson is widely recognised for his work having won a Bronze Clinical Excellence Award and named by The Times newspaper as one of the UK’s top 100 children’s doctors.
He divides his time equally between London and Cornwall, where he lives with his husband (and 2 Jack Russell nephews!) at weekends. He is also Vice President of the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust.
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust : Honorary Consultant Paediatrician
education + posts
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland: Diploma in Child Health
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health: Fellow
- Trinity College Dublin MB BCh (Distinctions in Paediatrics and Psychiatry)
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Medical Protection Society
- Initial Consultation 30 minutes £275
- Subsequent Consulltation 30 minutes £225
insurance company recognition