Dr Elodie Azan
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Cataract + Refractive Surgery + Corneal + Retinal Disease
Dr Elodie Azan MD (Paris) moved to London in early 2010 and held posts at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Western Eye and Charing Cross Hospitals. She sees her private patients here at The Medical Chambers Kensington and specialises in cataract surgery and medical ophthalmology.
Elodie studied in Paris and, after graduating, specialised in anterior segment surgery and was then invited to become a "Chef De Clinique" (Consultant) at the internationally renowned Rothschild Ophthalmic Foundation in Paris, in their highly regarded Refractive and Anterior Surgery Department. Dr Azan has carried out more than 3,500 laser refractive and cataract surgeries over the last 5 years.
In January 2016, Ms Stephanie Cohen joined Dr Azan's practice at The Medical Chambers Kensington. Stephanie trained and practised in France as an Orthoptist and now assists Dr Azan in London.
languages English + French + Spanish (conversational)
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust : Consultant Ophthalmologist 2015 - present
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Western Eye Hospital : Consultant Ophthalmologist August 2010 - August 2011
education + posts
- Consultant Opthalmologist Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Ophthalmologist Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Western Eye + Charing Cross Hospitals
- Chef de Clinique (Consultant) Ophthalmologic Surgery Rothschild Ophthalmologic Foundation Paris
- Fellowship in Ophthalmologic Surgery Universite de Paris VI
- PhD in Medicine, Paris
- Diploma European Board of Ophthalmology
- French Society of Ophthalmology : co-author of Annual Report
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American College of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Consultation 20 minutes £150
- Subsequent Consultation 20 minutes £140
- Cancellation Policy £140 unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation
insurance company recognition