Dr Emma Gardette
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Skin cancer and screening + mole checks + acne + psoriasis + eczema + sexual health and genital dermatology
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Dr Emma Gardette is a dermatologist who treats adults and children for all dermatological conditions including acne, eczema, psoriasis, scalp, hair/nail disorders, inflammatory and auto-immune diseases. She also has special expertise in skin cancer screening and genital dermatology.
Dr Gardette trained in France and now lives and practices in London. She practices in the NHS at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, a world renowned centre of excellence for the treatment of connective tissue diseases, and sees patients for systemic sclerosis and morphea. She also specialises in the care of patients with other auto-immune conditions such as cutaneous lupus, dermatomyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon and autoinflammatory diseases.
Dr Gardette previously practised at St Mary's and Hammersmith Hospitals Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and now practices privately at The Medical Chambers Kensington.
She trained in France at the University of Paris Ouest. She then specialised in Dermatology and Venereology (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) in Paris and practised at several renowned Paris hospitals including Saint-Louis, Ambroise Pare, Tenon and Mondor.
She started her Dermatology training in 2012 and specialised in melanoma and other skin cancers. She then gained experience in general dermatology, connective tissue and inflammatory diseases. She also trained as a Venereologist and in genital dermatology at several well-known sexual health clinics.
In 2016-2017 she worked privately in Paris and Ile-de-France before moving to London.
languages French + English
education + posts
- Senior clinical fellow in Dermatology at St Mary's Hospital
- Doctorate of Medicine and Diploma of Specialisation (DES) In Dermatology and Venereology, Paris Ouest University
- French equivalent of Specialist registrar including training in Dermatology (Ambroise Pare, Saint-Louis, Tenon, Marne La Vallee, Saint-Joseph hospitals), Oncology (Rene Huguenin/Institut Curie), Radiotherapy (Mondor Hospital) and Internal Medicine (Foch hospital).
- Primary Medical Qualification at Paris Ouest University
- Member of the British Association of Dermatologists
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Societe Francaise de Dermatologie
- Initial Consultation 30 minutes £170
- Subsequent Consultation 20 minutes £120
- Minor Procedure £115
- Cancellation policy unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation £50
You can find information on procedure and treatment fees here.
Dr Gardette practises as a Dermatologist at The Royal Free NHS Hospital in London. As she trained and qualified in France she is not recognised as a Consultant Dermatologist here in the UK and so some UK private medical insurers such as Bupa, Axa and similar, do not recognise her. So please check with your insurer as to whether or not they will cover a consultation and/or treatment with Dr Gardette.
Please note that if you have a minor procedure, such as removal of a skin lesion, a clinic fee will be payable to The Medical Chambers Kensington in addition to Dr Gardette's fee.
This fee varies from procedure to procedure and our Administration and Reception Team will be able to tell you the amount payable for your procedure. A pathology fee will be payable if we send a sample to a laboratory for analysis.