Dr Stephanie Vergnaud
specialty Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Neuro-developmental disorders + autistic spectrum disorder + hyperactivity + attention problems + anxiety + depression + perinatal psychiatry with interest in attachment + liaison with school professionals
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Dr Stephanie Vergnaud is a French psychiatrist who qualified in medicine in Paris and completed her training in Child and Adolescent psychiatry in London. She has lived in London since 1990 and has two children.
She practices in the Barnet Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service within Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust and was Clinical Lead of the service until 2015.
Since then she has continued to work part-time in the service and developed her private practice at The Medical Chambers Kensington.
Dr Vergnaud has extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of all childhood and adolescent disorders and has special expertise in neuro-developmental disorders and their impact on family life and schooling. She also has expert knowledge of adopted children, having led a specialist team for children and care and adoptive families, and a keen interest in perinatal issues and the early mother-baby relationship.
She uses a holistic approach to mental health problems with a combination of psychological interventions, liaison with school professionals when necessary and pharmacological therapy. In the last 3 years, she has developed links with many French schools.
languages French + English
- Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
education + posts
- Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Specialist registrar in Child and Adolescent psychiatry St Mary's Hospital training scheme
- Registrar in Psychiatry St Mary's Hospital
- Universite de medecine Paris 13
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- British Medical Association
- Association of Child Mental Health Professionals
- Medical Protection Society
- Conseil National de L'ordre des medecins
- Initial Consultation 60 mins £260
- Up to four Subsequent Consultations of 60 mins £260 each
- Further Consultations of 60mins for treatment 60 mins £210
- Evaluation for Autism and Hyperactivity requires a minimum of 3 consultations
- School liaison and report writing are included in the fee
- Cancellation policy £150 unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to Consultation
insurance company recognition