Miss Ekpemi Irune
MBChB MSc DOHNS FRCS (ORL-HNS)
specialty Ear Nose Throat, Head & Neck + Thyroid Surgery
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN General ENT; Benign and malignant Head & Neck and Thyroid surgery + Rhinoplasty surgery
Miss Ekpemi Irune is a Consultant Ear Nose Throat, Head & Neck and Thyroid Surgeon practising privately in London and in the NHS at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
She sees adults and children for all general ENT conditions including hearing complaints, ear disturbances, nasal and sinus problems, allergies, swallowing issues and neck lumps.
She has a special expertise in benign and malignant head and neck and thyroid surgery, voice complaints and laser surgery to the voice box, airways and upper digestive tract. Miss Irune undertakes major head and neck cancer operations and is also skilled in rhinoplasty, scar revision and skin lesions.
After her Medical Degree and specialist training, she went on to Higher Specialist Surgical Training in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery at several major teaching hospitals in England. During this time, she completed an MSc in Surgical Science at Imperial College, London.
Miss Irune then completed the European Academy Fellowship in Facial - Plastic Surgery at the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam. She further developed her skills by undertaking the National Training Interface Group Fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery, working with surgeons in Plastic, Rhinoplasty and Craniofacial surgery in London. She also undertook a research Fellowship at the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital studying functional outcomes in Head and Neck Surgery.
She was then appointed The Royal College of Surgeons of England Post-CCT Fellow in Advanced Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at Imperial Hospitals NHS Trust and was based at Charing Cross Hospital.
Miss Irune has published papers in peer reviewed journals in her field and she continues her research interests in Head and Neck Oncology. She is actively involved in Higher Specialist Surgical Training of doctors and participates in regional and national teaching courses.
- Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals
education + posts
- Consultant Ear Nose Throat, Head & Neck and Thyroid Surgeon Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
- European Academy Fellowship in Facial - Plastic Surgery at the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam
- National Training Interface Group Fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery
- Research Fellowship at the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England Post-CCT Fellow in Advanced Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at Imperial Hospitals NHS Trust, Charing Cross Hospital
- The British Association of Head & Neck Oncologists
- The European Academy of Facial - Plastic Surgeons
- The British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Royal Society of Medicine
Competitively Priced High Quality ENT and Audiology Services
For Adults and Children
With Simplified All-Inclusive Fixed Fees for Self-Pay Patients
Initial Consultation £225
Subsequent Consultation £175
Initial Consultation with Endoscopy Package (diagnostic camera if needed by Miss Irune during the consultation) £450
Subsequent Consultation with Endoscopy Package (as above) £400
Initial Consultation with Microsuction/Aural Toilet Package £380
Subsequent Consultation with Ear Microsuction Package £330
Cancellation Policy: a cancellation fee MAY be charged if you do not cancel your appointment a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation
insurance company recognition