Mr Charles Rivière
specialty Orthopaedic Surgery
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Hip + Knee Replacement + Revision
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Mr Charles Rivière is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon practising privately at The Medical Chambers Kensington and in the NHS at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Charing Cross Hospital in London. He specialises in adult hip and knee replacement and revision.
He trained in London under Ms Sarah Muirhead-Allwood and Mr Justin Cobb, both internationally renowned orthopaedic surgeons.
His work in joint reconstruction and his research projects are focused on joint replacement techniques, using the development of augmented reality and quality control tools for implant positioning.
Mr Rivière is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College, a member of the French and European Hip and Knee Societies and is Vice President of the General Assembly of the Federation of Orthopaedic Trainees in Europe (FORTE).
He qualified at Bordeaux University and after obtaining post graduate qualification in surgery in 2011, undertook 3 years of advanced training focusing on joint reconstruction at some of the most renowned and respected international institutions. Firstly at the Ambroise Paré Hospital with Professor T Judet (Garches, Paris, France), then at the London Hip Unit with Miss S Muirhead-Allwood and subsequently at the Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital (Montreal, Canada) with Professors Vendittoli and Lavigne.
In 2013 he became a Consultant at Bordeaux Academic Hospital in France before moving to London in 2015 to pursue his career and research at the Musculo-skeletal Laboratory alongside Professor Justin Cobb.
You can learn more about Mr Rivière here.
languages English + French
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Charing Cross Hospital
education + posts
- Bordeaux University Hospital : Consultant in Hip and Knee Reconstruction
- Paris London and Montreal : Senior Clinical Fellowship in Hip and Knee Reconstruction
- Bordeaux University Hospital : 5 years Orthopaedic Residency
- Bordeaux University Medical School
- PhD on Kinematic Alignment for Total Knee Replacement
- Medical Thesis on Hip Resurfacing
- Master in Medical & Biologic Sciences
- Initial Consultation 20 minutes £250
- Subsequent Consultation 15 minutes £150
- Cancellation policy £50 unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to cancellation
insurance company recognition