Mr Nabeel Malik
FRCOphth FRCSEd (Ophth)
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Inflammatory Eye Disease and Allergy + Dry Eye + Ocular Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery + Cataract Refractive Surgery + Surgical Vision Enhancement + Medical Retina including Diabetes and Macular Degeneration + Non-invasive Facial Rejuvenation + Facial Mole
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Mr Nabeel Malik is a Consultant Ophthalmologist based at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and privately practising at The Medical Chambers Kensington.
Mr Malik manages all emergency and general ophthalmic conditions and specialises in inflammatory eye disease, HIV and diabetic eye disease and macular degeneration. He uses state-of-the-art treatments. He also specialises in facial plastic surgery including tumour and reconstructive surgery, eyelid surgery including aesthetic surgery and lacrimal surgery for watery eyes.
He has also super specialised in Oculoplastic surgery with World leading Fellowships in Oculoplastics at the Chelsea & Westminster and Western Eye Hospitals, Moorfields Eye Hospital and The Royal Victoria in East Grinstead.
He is the Ophthalmologist to the world class HIV tertiary referral service based at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and at Dean Street, Soho, London W1.
Mr Malik studied at St Paul's School in London and qualified at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in 1992. He completed his basic surgical training and gained the Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. He then further specialised for over 2 years in neuro ophthalmology and neurology at the world famous Atkinson Morley Hospital and in cardiology and Rheumatology at St George's Hospital, London.
He has taught extensively for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and constructed and developed the GP Ophthalmology Course at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. As of 2014, Mr Malik has taught over 100 London GPs over the last 3 years.
Mr Malik teaches on nationally recognised programmes for interview skills for aspiring Consultants. He interviews for appointments to London training Fellowships for the London Deanery, including Moorfields.
His research interests include inflammatory eye disease and HIV and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TENS).
In 2014 he was recognised by the National Institute for Health and Research for outstanding support for the NIHR Comprehensive Clinical Research Network's portfolio.
He had formally held the post of Chairman of the Independent Ophthalmic Ethics Committee from 2008-2013 and is currently part of the TENS working group.
languages English + French + Urdu/Hindi
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Trust
education + posts
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust : Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Trust & Western Eye Hospital
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust : Consultant Ophthalmologist (Locum)
- The North Middlesex Hospital NHS Trust : Consultant Ophthalmologist
- The Royal Victoria in East Grinstead (Locum)
- Fellowships Oculoplastics and Adnexal Surgery
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Trust
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Western Eye Hospital
- Fellowship Medical Retina and Uveitis
- Specialist Registrar Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Initial Consultation 45 minutes £350
- Subsequent Consultation 45 minutes £350
- Mr Malik's additional fee for minor procedure £120
- Cancellation policy unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation £100
Please note that a 6% surcharge will be added to payments made by credit card.
insurance company recognition