Professor Alain Fraissé
specialty Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Interventional catheterisation + echocardiography in children and adults with congenital heart disease
Patient Reviews and Ratings
Professor Alain Fraissé is a Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist at the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals Trust, where he is Director of Paediatric Cardiology. He is also a visiting Professor at Imperial College London.
He specialises in congenital heart disease in children and adults. His specialist areas of expertise are interventional catheterisation and echocardiography in children and adults with congenital heart disease.
He moved to London in September 2014 and has developed an innovative programme in interventional catheterisation, including pulmonary valve implantation and interventions in neonates and premature babies
Professor Fraissé completed his medical studies at Marseille University Hospital France and then spent time at The Children’s Hospital Harvard Medical School Boston as a clinical and research fellow.
He returned to France where he completed a PhD in respiratory physiology and was Head of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology at La Timone Hospital Marseille for 14 years.
Professor Fraissé has been a Professor of Paediatric Cardiology at French Universities since 2005.
He has conducted extensive research work in imaging, pulmonary hypertension and interventional catheterisation and has published over 140 research papers.
languages English + French
- Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals Trust
- Visiting Professor at Imperial College
education + posts
- Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals Trust: Director and Consultant Paediatric Cardiology
- Head of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology La Timone Hospital Marseille France
- Marseille France: PhD in respiratory physiology
- Necker Children’s Hospital Paris: Junior Doctor paediatric cardiology
- Boston Children’s Hospital-Harvard Medical School Boston USA Research Fellow
- La Timone Hospital Marseille France: Junior Doctor in Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology
- Marseille France : Residency in Cardiology ICU and Paediatrics
- Universite de la Mediterranee Marseille France: Medical studies
- Initial Consultation £300
- Subsequent Consultation £200
- Cancellation policy: a cancellation fee may be charged if your appointment is not cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation
insurance company recognition