Professor Christopher Bunker
MA MD FRCP
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN General Medical Dermatology + Male Genital Dermatology + HIV Dermatology
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Professor Christopher Bunker is a highly experienced medical Dermatologist.
He is a Consultant Dermatologist at University College London and Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals, previously also Charing Cross and Royal Marsden Hospitals.
He is a general dermatologist with 25 years' experience as a Consultant in teaching hospitals and has trained over 80 other Consultants and taught thousands of medical students. He has a special interest in skin cancers (melanoma) and male genital and HIV Dermatology. He has published over 300 papers, case reports and books.
Professor Bunker was educated at St Catharine's College Cambridge and Westminster Medical School London. He trained in general medicine in London, Derby and Oxford and in Dermatology at The Middlesex and University College London Hospitals.
He has been President of St John's Hospital Dermatological Society, and President of The Chelsea Clinical Society. Chris Bunker is also Honorary Consultant Dermatologist to the Royal Hospital, Chelsea and St Luke's Hospital for the Clergy, London.
Chris is a Trustee of the skin research charities Start and Dermatrust and Honorary Secretary of the British Skin Foundation.
- University College Hospital London
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
education + posts
- University College London Hospital: Consultant Physician to the Skin Department
- University College London: Chair
- Imperial College London: Chair
- St Luke's Hospital for the Clergy and the Royal Hospital Chelsea: Honorary Consultant Dermatologist
- University College London Hospital: Sir Jules Thorn Clinicial Research Fellowship
- The Middlesex and University College Hospitals London
- St Catherine's College, Cambridge and Westminster Medical School London
- British Skin Foundation : Honorary Secretary
- START : Trustee
- Dermatrust : Trustee
- European Academy of Dermatovenereology : Board Member
- American Dermatological Association and European Dermatology Forum : Member
- Royal Society of Medicine : Dermatology Section President-Elect
- British Association of Dermatologist : Immediate Past-President
- Initial Consultation 30 minutes £250
- Subsequent Consultation 15 minutes £180
Please note that if you have a minor procedure, such as removal of a skin lesion, a clinic fee will be payable to The Medical Chambers Kensington in addition to Professor Bunker's fee.
This fee varies from procedure to procedure and our Administration and Reception Team will be able to tell you the amount payable for your procedure. A pathology fee will be payable if we send a sample to a laboratory for analysis.
If you are insured by BUPA, AXA-PPP or another insurance company with which we have a direct settlement agreement, we will invoice your Insurer for these clinic/pathology fees provided that you have given us your pre-authorisation number.
If we do not have a direct settlement agreement with your Insurer, or you are self paying, we will ask you to pay these fees at the time of your appointment.
insurance company recognition