What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is an innovative minimally-invasive treatment that nourishes and rejuvenates your skin.
Your consultant cosmetic dermatologist injects a bespoke blend of vitamins, minerals and amino acids into your skin, in a series of super-fine injections. The complex chemical cocktail boosts collagen and elastin production, improving your skin’s natural elasticity and reducing the signs of ages.
Mesotherapy acts immediately to give dull skin a radiant glow. However, optimum results are achieved by a course of around six treatments, followed by top-up treatments every six months or so.
What can Mesotherapy treat?
Mesotherapy improves the appearance off dull, tired and ageing skin. The injections stimulate the skin’s fibroblast cells to produce more collagen, increase blood circulation and flush away toxins. Our consultants customise the mix of vitamins, minerals and amino acids to each patient’s individual needs. Different Mesotherapy blends can:
- Give dull skin a fresh glow.
- Plump skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Smooth minor scarring from acne.
- Fade uneven pigmentation and sun spots.
Your recovery following mesotherapy
You will have minimal downtime following mesotherapy. You can get straight back to work and normal activities. However, you should avoid intense heat from jacuzzies, saunas and vigorous exercise for twenty-four hours.
You may notice a little redness, bruising and small lumps for a day or two after treatment. These usually settle quickly, leaving you with plump, glowing skin.
Why choose The Medical Chambers Kensington for Mesotherapy?
The Medical Chambers Kensington provides professional, safe and effective care in a state-of-the-art Kensington Clinic.
- Consultant-delivered service: All patients attending the clinic will see a highly-qualified consultant cosmetic dermatologist with extensive knowledge, experience and skills.
- Treatment you can trust: Our consultants usesquality, customised mesotherapy blends to achieve excellent aesthetic results.
- Legacy: Over ten years The Medical Chambers Kensington has built a reputation for excellence and the highest standards of service and professionalism.
- Comprehensive care: With a team of world-leading consultants from different specialties under one roof, if you need to see another specialist we can arrange for rapid referral to a trusted expert.
- Bespoke treatment programmes: The Medical Chambers Kensington believes in an individual approach to skincare. Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and your goals before recommending a personalised Mesotherapy programme to optimise your skin health and enhance your natural beauty.
What happens in Mesotherapy?
Your consultant will carefully assess your skin, then select a blend of active ingredients to treat your problems. Before the procedure, they will apply topical anaesthetic to numb your skin and reduce discomfort.
Your consultant injects the chemical cocktail through a fine needle into your skin’s mesodermal layer at a number of key points. The injections are quick and shallow. Afterwards they will gently massage the injection area to distribute the active ingredients and achieve the best results.
Preparation for Mesotherapy
Preparation before Mesotherapy can reduce bruising and improve recovery. We recommend that you:
- Avoid alcohol for twenty-four hours before and after treatment.
- Talk to your consultant or your GP about medication. Aspirin, ibuprofen and some supplements and herbal medicines can increase your risk of bruising. If possible, you should stop them one week before treatment.
Complications from Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy is generally safe and there are few side-effects. You may notice:
- Bruising - this is usually minor and settles over a few days.
- Very rarely patients are allergic to one of the Mesotherapy ingredients. Please let your consultant know if you have any known allergies or sensitivities. The Medical Chambers Kensington has emergency equipment and medication to treat any adverse reactions quickly and effectively.