What is Morpheus 8?
Morpheus 8 is an innovative minimally-invasive procedure that combines microneedling and radiofrequency technology. Morpheus 8 tightens your skin, it also lifts and remodels the fat to give you a smooth, contoured and more youthful appearance.
Morpheus 8 is a SARD, which stands for a subdermal adipose remodelling device. When your consultant dermatologist applies the probe, fine microneedles penetrate your skin to stimulate healing and increase elastin and collagen production. The device also releases targeted radiofrequency energy which heats the fat and connective tissues. Treatment with Morpheus 8 sculpts and reshapes the underlying fat, makes the connective tissue contract, and tightens your skin to rejuvenate and contour your face and body.
You may notice an improvement in your skin after one Morpheus 8 treatment. However, a programme of up to three treatments at four to six week intervals provides optimum results.
What can Morpheus 8 treat?
Your skin changes as you grow older; weight changes, stress and sun damage can combine to make your skin slack, droopy and uneven.
If you’re worried about skin ageing and sagging, but don’t want surgery, Morpheus 8 is an effective minimally-invasive alternative. The Morpheus 8 device is highly-adaptable. Your consultant can alter the needle penetration and the level of energy delivery to treat a range of skin problems and give you a smoother, firmer, younger appearance.
Morpheus 8 can be used to:
- Tighten loose skin on the cheeks and jawline.
- Lift and tauten lax skin and ‘bingo wings’.
- Treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Smooth skin and treat acne scarring.
- Improve skin tone and texture.
Morpheus 8 can be used alone or combined with injectable treatments for a more comprehensive rejuvenation.
Your recovery from Morpheus 8 treatment
Your recovery will depend on the area treated, but in general there’s minimal downtime following Morpheus 8 treatment. You can return to work and normal activities straight away. You may notice redness, soreness and pin-prick bruising, which settles over a few days.
Try not to apply make-up or touch your face for 24 hours after the procedure to prevent infection. Your skin may be a little sensitive, apply sunblock and avoid strong sunlight.
You may notice skin improvements shortly after the procedure, but the increased elastin and collagen production means that the full cosmetic results aren’t apparent for three months.
Why choose The Medical Chambers Kensington for Morpheus 8?
The Medical Chambers Kensington provides professional, safe and effective care in a state-of-the-art Kensington Clinic.
- Consultant-delivered service: All patients attending the clinic for Morpheus 8 will see a highly-qualified consultant cosmetic dermatologist, with extensive knowledge, experience and skills.
- Treatment you can trust: Our consultants have an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and skin health. They are practised in programming and using Morpheus 8 and achieve excellent results with few complications.
- Legacy: Over ten years The Medical Chambers Kensington has built a reputation for excellence and the highest standards of service and professionalism.
- Comprehensive care: With a team of world-leading consultants from different specialties under one roof, if you need to see another specialist we can arrange for rapid referral to a trusted expert.
- Bespoke treatment programmes: The Medical Chambers Kensington believes in an individual approach to skincare. Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and your goals before recommending treatment to enhance your natural beauty.
What happens in Morpheus 8 treatment?
Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and apply topical or local anaesthetic before treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Your consultant will programme the Morpheus 8 device to precisely target your skin concerns. They will pass the applicator over your skin up to three times.
The probe contains 24 coated microneedles that penetrate the skin to below the dermis. The fine punctures stimulate your natural healing response. The cells increase collagen and elastin production to repair the tissues giving you smoother, younger-looking skin.
The device also applies fractional radiofrequency energy which heats the fat and connective tissues under the skin. The targeted heat coagulates the fat and makes the connective tissue contract, the overlying skin tightens to give a smooth, firm, lifted appearance.
Preparation for Morpheus 8
Preparation before Morpheus 8 can reduce bruising and speed up your recovery. We recommend:
- Stopping alcohol for 24 hours before and after treatment.
- Stopping smoking which can slow down skin healing.
- Discussing any medication with your GP or your consultant. Aspirin, anti-inflammatories and some supplements like Vitamin E can increase your risk of bruising.
What are the complications of Morpheus 8 treatment?
Morpheus 8 is very safe and there are few side-effects. You may notice:
- Bruising and swelling: this is usually minimal and settles over a few days.
- Infection: Your consultant may prescribe antibiotic creams to prevent infection.
- Pigmentation problems: Microneedling can cause increased pigmentation especially in people with olive, black or Asian skin. Your consultant may recommend a different treatment if you have a history of hyperpigmentation or scarring.