What is Profhilo?
Profhilo is a ground-breaking form of injectable skincare. It is a stabilised form of hyaluronic acid that boosts your natural collagen and elastin production to rejuvenate your skin. Your consultant cosmetic dermatologist injects Profhilo into several strategic locations in your skin to plump, hydrate and remodel your complexion.
Profhilo is different from the hyaluronic acid gel used for dermal fillers. When injected, it increases skin volume and draws in fluid, moisturising your skin from the inside.
The stabilised gel lasts in the skin for twenty-eight days, progressively rejuvenating your complexion. Profhilo boosts your skin cells’ natural collagen and elastin production to tighten, lift and firm the skin.
A single Profhilo session can give a temporary improvement in your skin's appearance and texture. But to get optimum results, you should have a second treatment after one month followed by six-monthly top up treatments.
What can Profhilo treat?
As we get older, the skin can become slack, crepey and dull. Profhilo does not recontour the skin like dermal fillers - but it can hydrate and plump lax skin, improve skin tone and restore a youthful radiance.
You may want to have Profhilo to look great for a special event, or choose regular injections to maintain a healthy glow. Your consultant is experienced in injecting Profhilo to treat a wide range of skin problems including:
- Lax or crepey skin on the face, neck and decolletage.
- Grey, dull or lacklustre skin.
- Slack or sagging skin on the hands, knees and abdomen.
Your recovery from Profhilo treatment
You will have no downtime following Profhilo injections. You can return to work and normal activities straight away. You may notice redness, bruising and small lumps at the injection sites. These are usually minimal and easy to conceal.
You will probably notice that your skin looks better soon after your Profhilo injections. You may feel you look fresh, rested and glowing. However, the effects will develop over 28 days as the hyaluronic acid gel boosts the skin's natural collagen and elastin.
Why choose The Medical Chambers Kensington for Profhilo?
The Medical Chambers Kensington provides professional, safe and effective care in a state-of-the-art Kensington Clinic.
- Consultant delivered service: All patients attending the clinic for Profhil will see a highly-qualified consultant cosmetic dermatologist. Your consultant has in-depth knowledge of anatomy and skin health and will precisely inject the Profhilo so that it gives you a radiant, rejuvenated appearance.
- Treatment you can trust: Our consultants use Profhilo, a revolutionary treatment with the patented NAHYCO® technology for excellent and reliable aesthetic results.
- Legacy: Over ten years The Medical Chambers Kensington has built a reputation for excellence and the highest standards of service and professionalism.
- Comprehensive care: With a team of world-leading consultants from different specialties under one roof, if you need to see another specialist we can arrange for rapid referral to a trusted expert.
- Bespoke treatment programmes: The Medical Chambers Kensington believes in an individual approach to skincare. Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and your goals before recommending treatment to enhance your natural beauty.
What happens in Profhilo treatment?
Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and apply topical anaesthetic before treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Your consultant will inject the Profhilo through a very fine needle into five strategic locations on the face: under the eyes, in front of the ears, in the upper cheeks, by the nasolabial folds and in the chin. Profhilo can also rehydrate and restore the décolletage, hands, arms, knees and tummy.
Preparation for Profhilo
Proper preparation before Profhilo injections can reduce bruising, speed up your recovery and improve your results. We recommend:
- Stopping alcohol for 24 hours before and after treatment.
- Discussing any medication with your GP or your consultant. Aspirin, anti-inflammatories and some supplements like Vitamin E can increase your risk of bruising.
What are the complications of Profhilo treatment?
Profhilo injections are very safe and there are few side-effects. You may notice:
- Bruising or swelling, this is usually minimal and settles over a few days.
- Small lumps at the injection sites.
- Very rarely patients are allergic to the gel. The Medical Chambers Kensington has emergency equipment and medication to treat any adverse reactions quickly and effectively.