We apologise if these safety measures seem harsh and too restrictive. They are designed to maximise safety and are based on advice from the best possible sources, including our own doctors.
We know that these measures are working. One of our doctors gave us this encouraging feedback recently. "I wanted to let you know that my patients are very impressed with the measures The Medical Chambers Kensington has taken against the virus. They feel safe and find the team very professional and well protected. Some of them have compared us with other clinics. We are much more cautious, protected with better PPE and we take more precautions than other clinics."
We greatly look forward to reducing these measures as we come out of this crisis.
Of course, we follow Public Health England advice and review it regularly. We are taking exceptional measures to assist everyone’s safety. Here is what you can expect right now because guidance and these measures are likely to change.
- Our team screens all patients on the telephone prior to making an appointment. Patients who have Covid-19 symptoms or any respiratory problem (not just a persistent cough) are not permitted to come to the clinic.
- Very importantly, unlike many other clinics and hospitals our treatment and consultation rooms are separate which minimises risk and enhances safety. And our air is fresh air. 24/7. Stale air is not recirculated because our clinic is fitted with a system which draws in fresh air and extracts stale air.
- We ask new patients to register online to reduce time spent at reception and do not guarantee entry to the clinic if they haven’t done so.
- Please wear a mask whilst in the clinic. It is designed to protect others should you sneeze or cough. We will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer and you will not be seen if you have a high temperature.
- We permit the patient or a child accompanied by one parent or carer only to enter the clinic to limit numbers in the clinic at any one time. It is essential that you have a previously confirmed appointment.
- We are staggering appointments so that some are on the hour, some 15 minutes past the hour and so on. Please do not arrive more than five minutes prior to your appointment. If you arrive earlier or your Specialist is running late we may have to ask you to wait outside to help maintain social distancing so please come dressed appropriately just in case.
- We are requiring everyone to socially distance. We will ask you to use the lift only to go upstairs and the stairs only to come downstairs. Your Specialist will finish the consultation 5 minutes early to allow the room/equipment to be sanitised.
- Your Specialist will wear Personal Protective Equipment as advised by Public Health England when examining you. This equipment differs according to what your Specialist does and may include a mask, gloves, apron/gown and possibly a visor.
- We have installed screens at reception. Our team will wear masks and hand disinfectant gel will be available. We will take payment from the card we have stored for you so you will not have to come to reception after your consultation.
- Our housekeeping team regularly disinfects all door handles, lift buttons and other commonly touched surfaces.