Dr Sophie Flammarion
specialty General Paediatrics
SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Respiratory and allergy medicine
Latest ReviewsMore Reviews
Dr Sophie Flammarion is a Consultant Paediatrician with special expertise in respiratory and allergy medicine. She is a core member of The Medical Chambers Kensington paediatric team.
Sophie treats all types of medical problems in babies and young children. She is French and speaks fluent English.
She moved to the UK in 2013 since when she has been practising paediatrics in London including at the world-famous Evelina London Children’s Healthcare Hospital, part of Guys and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust. In October 2013, Sophie was appointed an Honorary Clinical Fellow in the Paediatric Allergy Department at Evelina, which is the 2nd largest provider of children’s services in London and has a holistic approach to diagnosis and management.
In May 2014 she was appointed a Consultant at the hospital where she practices alongside several renowned paediatricians including Professor Gideon Lack, Dr Adam Fox and Dr George Du Toit.
Sophie qualified at Paris V René Descartes University in 2001 and obtained a Doctorate of Medicine and Diploma of Specialisation in Paediatrics (DES) at University of Lille II in 2005.
She then practised in the Paediatric Emergency Department and Paediatric Respiratory Outpatients Clinic at Lille Hospital. In 2006 she was appointed Chef de Clinique in The Paediatric Respiratory and Allergy Department at the Hospital.
As a core member of the The Medical Chambers Kensington paediatric team, Sophie understands how worrying it can be for a parent when their child is unwell and so she makes herself available on her mobile and by email.
She is fully conversant with French, English and American paediatric immunisation schedules and constantly update her paediatric skills by attending both French and British medical conferences.
Paediatrics is a hugely important area of medicine. Sophie is always happy to guide you in the development of your child reaching their milestones, thriving and remaining healthy from birth to puberty. Her priority is to create a harmonious relationship between the mother and her child so that your baby can grow into a blooming and confident adult. Her typical child development programme includes:
- Seeing your baby regularly to monitor development
- Height- weight- head circumference follow up
- Food diversification
- Immunisation schedule
- Neurological and global development
- Helping you with the most common issues such as Feeding (breast feeding or formula, quantity and quality)
- Gastro-intestinal problems (reflux, colic)
- Skin problems (eczema, acne, nappy rash)
languages English + French
education + posts
- Consultant in the Paediatric Allergy Department at St Thomas's Hospital
- Honorary Clinical Fellow in the Paediatric Allergy Department at St Thomas's Hospital
- Chef de Clinique in the Paediatric Respiratory and Allergy Department Lille Hospital
- Paediatric Emergency Department and Paediatric Respiratory Outpatients Clinic Lille Hospital
- Doctorate of medicine and Diploma of Specialisation in Paediatrics (DES) University of Lille II
- Qualified at Paris V Rene Descartes University
- Participation to allergy awareness day
- Designed and taught classes for asthmatic children and their parents: Club Asthme - Roubaix Hospital 2012 and organised "World Asthma Day" & "Bronchiolitis Day" in Roubaix
- Various post-graduate medical courses and training events in France (Lille and Roubaix) and in London for general practitioners and paediatricians on the topics of asthma, food allergy and anaphylaxis
- Paediatric classes for undergraduates (Lille University, France)
- French Paediatric Respiratory and Allergy Society (SFP 2A)
- European Allergy and Clinical Immunology Association
- European Respiratory Society
- Initial Consultation 30 mins £120
- Subsequent Consultation 30 mins £120
- Consultation and skin prick test for allergies £220
- Cancellation policy £50 unless cancelled a minimum of 24 hours prior to consultation