Hyaluronic acid injections by an experienced consultant dermatologist to restore your facial volume and fill wrinkles for a lifted, contoured and youthful appearance.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are popular and effective anti-ageing treatments. The consultant cosmetic dermatologist performs targeted injections of hyaluronic acid gel to restore volume, fill any wrinkles and lift your face. Fillers can instantly reshape and rejuvenate your face without surgery.
What can dermal fillers treat?
As we get older we lose fat from our faces. Although losing fat sounds healthy, the loss of facial volume can make your face droop. The cheeks get flatter, lines and wrinkles appear around your nose and mouth and you may notice dark hollows under your eyes that make you look tired and drawn.
Dermal filler injections restore facial fullness to lift your face and reduce lines and creases. They can help If you're concerned about heavy creases between your nose and mouth, lines between your lips and cheeks or dark shadows under your eyes.
You may want to have dermal fillers to look great for a special occasion, or choose regular injections to maintain a youthful appearance. Dr Ramia Mokbel is experienced in injecting dermal fillers to address a wide range of problems including:
- Dermal fillers to treat nasolabial lines.
- Dermal fillers to treat marionette lines.
- Cheek fillers to lift and recontour the face and reduce nasolabial and marionette lines.
- Dermal filler injections for deep forehead lines and glabella lines.
- Tear trough fillers to treat the delicate under eye area.
- Lip fillers to temporarily augment, define and contour the lips.
- Dermal fillers for smoker’s lines around the mouth.
Your recovery following dermal fillers
You will have minimal downtime following dermal filler injections. You can get straight back to work and normal activities. You may notice slight redness, bruising and small lumps for a few days after treatment. These are usually minor and easy to conceal.
Applying cold packs can reduce pain and swelling. It can also help to sleep with your head raised on 2-3 pillows to prevent swelling and bruising.
Dermal fillers are temporary. They are gradually broken down by your body over time. The length of time the filler lasts depends on the formulation and the individual - but can last between six months and a year.
Why choose The Medical Chambers for dermal fillers?
The Medical Chambers provides professional, safe and effective care in a state-of-the-art Kensington Clinic.
- Consultant-delivered service: All patients attending The Medical Chambers for dermal fillers see Dr Ramia Mokbel a highly-qualified consultant cosmetic dermatologist. Dr Ramia has an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and skin health. She has a light hand and will precisely inject the hyaluronic acid so that it restores volume and smooths wrinkles for a naturally rejuvenated appearance.
- Treatment you can trust: The Medical Chambers uses the highest quality hyaluronic acid fillers for excellent and reliable aesthetic results.
- Legacy: Over ten years The Medical Chambers has built a reputation for excellence and the highest standards of service and professionalism.
- Comprehensive care: The Medical Chambers has a team of world-leading consultants from different specialties under one roof. If you need to see another specialist, we can arrange for rapid referral to a trusted expert.
- Bespoke treatment programmes: The Medical Chambers believes in an individual approach to skincare. Dr Ramia Mokbel will carefully assess your skin and your goals before recommending dermal filler injections to enhance your natural beauty.
What happens in dermal filler treatment?
Dr Ramia Mokbel gives dermal filler injections in the outpatient cosmetic dermatology clinic. She will apply topical anaesthetic before treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Dr Ramia injects the hyaluronic acid through a fine needle. She injects into your skin’s deepest layer, the dermis, to restore your facial volume and flatten creases and wrinkles. Following the procedure, she will gently massage the injection area to spread the filler evenly and achieve the best results.
Preparation for dermal fillers
Proper preparation before dermal filler injections can reduce bruising and improve results. Dr Ramia recommends that you:
- Avoid alcohol for twenty-four hours before treatment.
- Avoid filler injections if you have your period as they may be more painful and you may be more at risk of feeling faint or unwell.
- Talk to Dr Ramia or your GP about medication. Aspirin, ibuprofen and some herbal medicines can increase your risk of bleeding and bruising. If possible, you should stop them one week before treatment.
What are the complications of dermal fillers?
In Dr Ramia’s skilled hands filler injections are generally safe and there are few side-effects. You may notice:
- Bruising or swelling, this is usually minor and settles over a few days.
- Very rarely patients are allergic to the hyaluronic acid. The Medical Chambers has emergency equipment and medication to treat any adverse reactions quickly and effectively.
- If you are unhappy with the aesthetic result, Dr Ramia can inject an enzyme that dissolves the dermal filler and reverses the procedure.