Plasma Skin Regeneration
What is Plasma Skin Regeneration?
Plasma Skin Regeneration or PSR is a ground-breaking skin regenerating treatment, known as ‘the latest revolution in skin resurfacing.’
PSR resurfaces the skin using targeted plasma energy to rapidly heat the skin surface. The innovative technology provides controlled and consistent heating, which rejuvenates the skin without damaging the surrounding tissues.
What does Plasma Skin Regeneration treat?
Plasma Skin Regeneration can refresh your skin, treat the signs of ageing and reduce scarring. PSR treatment at The Medical Chambers Kensington is customised to your needs. Our consultants use light regeneration treatment to treat:
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Age spots and sun damage.
- Dull and lifeless skin.
- Mild acne scarring.
- Patchy pigmentation and melasma.
Deeper regeneration treatment boosts your skin’s collagen production and causes deep tissue remodelling. It’s used to:
- Tighten and firm lax skin.
- Treat jowls.
- Reduce acne scarring.
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks.
- Treat actinic keratoses.
Your recovery from Plasma Skin Regeneration
Your recovery will depend on your skin and the depth of regeneration treatment:
Recovery from superficial PSR: There is minimal downtime following superficial PSR. You may notice mild redness, skin flaking and soreness for three to four days after treatment.
Recovery from deep PSR: After deep PSR, you will need more downtime. Your skin may be red, swollen and irritated for up to two weeks. Patches may turn brown then crust and peel to reveal fresh new skin.
After treatment you should avoid picking and touching the tender skin. It’s important to avoid strong sunlight and use effective sunblock. Your consultant will recommend treatments to soothe your skin, advise about safe ways of concealing redness and provide individual advice about aftercare and follow-up.
Why choose The Medical Chambers Kensington for Plasma Skin Regeneration?
The Medical Chambers provides professional, safe and effective care in a state-of-the-art Kensington Clinic.
- Consultant-delivered service: All patients attending the clinic will see a highly-qualified consultant cosmetic dermatologist with extensive knowledge, experience and skills.
- Treatment you can trust: Our consultants use the latest NeoGen Evo device to achieve reliably excellent results.
- Legacy: Over ten years The Medical Chambers Kensington has built a reputation for excellence and the highest standards of service and professionalism.
- Comprehensive care: With a team of world-leading consultants from different specialties under one roof, if you need to see another specialist we can arrange for rapid referral to a trusted expert.
- Bespoke treatment programmes: The Medical Chambers Kensington believes in an individual approach to skincare. Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and your goals before recommending a resurfacing treatment programme to optimise your skin health and enhance your natural beauty.
What happens in Plasma Skin Regeneration?
Your consultant will carefully assess your skin and apply topical anaesthetic before treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Your consultant will programme the device to the settings that suit your skin care needs. The NeoGen device converts nitrogen gas into an ionised form called plasma. The probe is passed over your skin. It delivers controlled pulses of plasma energy, which rapidly heats the skin to regenerate new skin cells and boost collagen and elastin formation.
Treatment is virtually painless, you might feel heat but it shouldn’t be uncomfortable.
Preparation for Plasma Skin Regeneration
Proper preparation before PSR can reduce complications, speed up your recovery and improve your results. We recommend:
- Stopping high strength skincare, including retinol, glycolic acid, AHA and products containing vitamin A derivatives.
- Discussing any medication that could increase bruising and bleeding like aspirin, anti-inflammatories and Vitamin E with your consultant or your GP before PSR.
- If you have a history of cold sores, ask your GP to prescribe anti-viral medication to prevent a break-out.
Complications of Plasma Skin Regeneration
PSR is very safe. However, there can be side-effects especially after deeper regeneration:
- Pigmentation problems: You may notice irregular skin pigmentation. This is more of a risk in women who are on the pill, pregnant or breast feeding. Pigmentation problems are also more common in people with black, Asian or olive skin.
- Skin scarring: PSR is not advised for people with a history of abnormal and keloid scarring.
- Infection: Your consultant may prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Cold sores: Peels can trigger an attack in people with cold sores. See your GP or talk to your consultant about preventative anti-viral medication.